Saturday, February 28, 2009

Interview style

Excited to see I regularly use 75% of the top 4 strategic interviewing styles mentioned in this INC article. Interview styles can tell you more about a candidate than any list of questions. A candidate can prepare acceptable interview questions, but interview techniques can show their true strengths and personality.

The styles are 'relaxed' (comfortable candidate, better dialogue), 'friend' (potential co-workers meet and see characteristics otherwise unseen), and the 'panel' (allows open dialogue of pro's and con's).

I'm glad I don't use the fourth style, 'intimidation', which reveals ability to work under stress and handle pressure. I don't think it reveals much about the candidate, except their willingness to work with jerks.

This is the one of the best job interviews I've seen to date - lots to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment